Counsellor Miki Beldman, RN, MRC, MRE, Counselling focus; RSW is a caring professional and founding member of Patmos Counselling & Associates. Miki has been in counselling practice for over 30 years.
Miki understands that life is not always clear sailing. Sometimes we all need a guide to help us. She recognizes that each person is uniquely influenced by their environment, family and community, as well as social status and ethnicity.
In working with Miki, you will find her to be an attentive listener and valuable coach in helping to understand emotions, behaviours, relationships and spirituality.
Miki believes in client-centred therapy where clients choose the focus and pace of their work.
Her sensitivity, experience and sense of humour provide a safe environment in which to grow, whether you are 5 or 75.
Background and Qualifications
- Registered Psychiatric Nursing and Residential Counselling Academic Completions
- Masters Program in Education and Counselling at the Institute of Christian Studies (ICS)
- Masters in Religious Education (McMaster University)
- Advanced EMDR Training
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- Completed Advanced Training in the Specialist Stream of Pastoral Counselling Education (PCE)
- Clinical Member of the Ontario Society of Psychotherapists (OSP)
- Registered Member of College of Social Work (RSW)
- Committed to ongoing professional learning
- Private Practice with Patmos Counselling and Associates since 1992
- Clinical Manager of Employee Assistance Program, Women Abuse and Community Counselling from 1992-2005
- Studied Individual, Marriage, Family and Pastoral Counselling for 10 years
- Teaching Associate in Counselling Theory and Techniques for over 10 years
- Over 30 Years of Counselling Experience
- Over 1,000 Hours of Group Facilitation & Wellness Training
- Married since 1975, mother of two young adults, active volunteer in local church and community
Miki’s Personal Life
Miki has been married since 1975 and is the mother of two adult children. When not in the office, Miki cares for her mom of 95.
Miki enjoys singing in a choir, walking her dog, and gardening. She actively volunteers with local church and community groups. To wind down, Miki enjoys reading and sewing.
“The deep truth is that our human suffering need not be an obstacle
to the joy and peace we so desire, but can become a means to it.”