Counsellor Susan Rumford, B.A., M.A. Th:S.C.P. RP, is a counsellor and psychotherapist in private practice in Oakville, Ontario.
Susan is friendly, approachable, empathetic, encouraging and sensitive. Along with her professional training and affiliations, Susan brings to her practice the life experiences of a wife, mother, widow, single parent, and subsequently, a parent of a blended family.
These life experiences, as well as her education in counselling and coaching, have enabled her to develop the skills of: empathy for people with special needs, whether mental, spiritual or physical; compassion for people who find themselves alone, lonely, or without adequate resources or the ability to face the daily battle of life; and respect for those who courageously seek help to overcome their challenges, disappointments and failures..
Susan’s desire is to help people who find themselves in times of crisis, in life transitions, or in difficult challenges, to clarify and achieve their goals, overcome obstacles, define where they’re going in life, and meet new challenges with confidence.
She strives to help them get balance in life so that they can reach their full potential as unique individuals. She uses a variety of counselling modalities including CBT and Solution Focused Therapy.
Susan volunteers as Head of Women’s Ministry at her local church and is a sought-after conference speaker and teacher. For relaxation, she enjoys mid-distance running with her dog, fitness, reading, and spending time with her family and friends.
Background & Qualifications
- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Wilfred Laurier University Master of Arts Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy (MA Th:SCP)
- 2003 Franklin Covey – Executive and Life Coaching Certification
- Queen’s University Bachelor of Arts (BA History)
- Enrich Canada – Certified Marriage and Pre-Marital Counsellor
- Focus on the Family
- Trained facilitator of Focus on the Family’s How to Drug Proof Your Kids
- Private Practice in Oakville since 2006
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”