Counsellor Teresa Groen, BA, MDiv, RP.
Teresa is a professionally trained counselor who is thoughtful and empathetic, and is an attentive listener.
She is committed to a client-centred approach where the well-being and needs of her clients are the primary focus.
Whether the presenting issue is mental, emotional, relational or spiritual, Teresa’s goal is to come alongside the individual, couple or family, and facilitate an understanding of underlying issues, help set and implement goals, and monitor outcomes.
With a specialization in counselling to youth and young adults, Teresa is passionate about assisting her clients to navigate through the transitions and challenges of life stages.
You can call Teresa at 289-439-3374 or send her an email to email@example.com
Background and Qualifications
- Master of Divinity – Counselling (Heritage Theological Seminary)
- Bachelor of Arts – Elementary Education (Redeemer University College)
- Bachelor of Arts (Calvin College)
- Enrich Canada – Certified Marriage & Pre-Marital Counsellor
- General Member of Ontario Association of Mental Health Professionals (OAMHP)
- Actively pursues continuing education & professional development
- Private Practice with Patmos Counselling & Associates since 2011
- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Active member and volunteer in local church
Teresa’s Personal Life
Teresa and her husband have been married since 1985 and are the parents of 5 adult children, 2 daughters and 3 sons, and grandparents to 7 delightful grandchildren. Together they enjoy the busyness and laughter that their growing family brings into the family home.
During her spare time Teresa enjoys biking, walks in the park, gardening, hiking the Niagara Escarpment, Scrabble games or a competitive game of billiards or Pickle Ball and spending time relaxing with family and friends.
just as surely as it can be pushed by drives.”