Time to start fresh?
Our team of veteran counsellors are certified in various testing methods, use several different modalities of counselling, and hold each other to account ethically and clinically. We also offer career counselling and scaling of fees to meet your financial situation.
No matter what the difficulty – abuse, anxiety, depression, grief or relationship issues – Patmos counsellors will listen, support and facilitate your healing process to wellness.
Is counselling right for me?
Every year, thousands of individuals and families seek assistance from a professional therapist, while many more are left untreated. Patients often ask, “Is counselling right for me?” There is no simple answer to that question.
We’ve come to understand that many people want help, but feel weak in asking for help, or they worry someone (friend, family, employer, etc.) will find out about their therapy. But, through experience, fears and opinions can often change.
It takes courage to join a therapy program
At Patmos Counselling & Associates, we:
- provide client-centred, compassionate care—that is relevant to your needs
- are respectful of varied backgrounds, values, beliefs, and financial circumstances—whoever you are and wherever you come from, our doors are always open to you
- will work together to provide the best caring, professional, and most confidential service possible
- are usually able to schedule an appointment within a week of your call (counselling sessions are usually around 50 minutes in length)
Fees are discussed and agreed upon during the first session. Your financial ability should never be a deterrent in seeking treatment.
How Does Therapy Work?
This is done by identifying problem areas, patterns, thoughts and behaviours, while developing new approaches and responses to care for specific issues such as:
- Abuse (Emotional, Physical, Sexual)
- Alcohol Addiction
- Drug Addiction
- Sex Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Pornography Addiction
- Internet Addiction
- Body Image and Eating Disorders
- Caregiver Burnout
- Chronic Illness or Disability
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Ethical Dilemmas and Decisions
- Family Concerns
- Grief or Loss
- Lack of Assertiveness
- Life Transitions
- Parenting Concerns
- Relationship Issues
- Self-Awareness and Self-Esteem
- Sexuality and Lifestyle
- Spirituality Integration
- Stress Management
- Work and Vocational Stress